Monday 30 April 2012

The characters (finishing touches yet to be done)


I really enjoyed creating these. Each one took me a good few hours - there was a lot of trial and error, sketching ideas on paper, cutting the fabric (which comes from a set of fabric samples I'd found a few weeks earlier), painting the body parts that show skin, gluing some parts, sewing a lot of other parts together so that the arms/legs/head can move.
I shall not succumb to favouritism as they're all equal in my eyes (!) however...I do have a penchant for the French chef, whose accessories include real mini white buttons.

As the limbs and some heads move, what are your thoughts about the traditional filming technique to create some short clips? (ie lots of photo stills put together). My only worry is the backgrounds we'll need to create for this...

All comments and ideas very welcome!
Detective Watson
Detective Marple
Guard
Fashion advisor
Chef
Gardener

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, c'est superbe. Quel travail magnifique. Quel talent! Les personnages transpirent ton enthousiasme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'adore =) ils sont trop marrants.

    ReplyDelete